Summer time is always a treat with the warm weather, holiday from school, and the chance to get outside and finally enjoy the outdoors. It can have it's challenges with the change in routine and as we have been experiencing here in Toronto, sometimes challenging weather. If your kids are not in camp(s) for the Summer then it can also be a challenge to establish a good routine that will keep kids busy and entertained without spending oodles of money doing so. Here are some great things to do on a budget:
1) Located in Toronto's Downtown Grange Park district, The Art Gallery of Ontario offers free admission on Wednesday nights from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. Although this doesn't include any of the special exhibitions, there is so
much to see with over 80,000 works of art spanning from the 1st century to present-day. Check out their website for more information. The AGO
2) From July 2 to July 28, Cineplex offers family favourite moves each week on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 11:00am for only $2.99. Cineplex
3) Running until September 3rd, Kids can bowl free each day during the Kids Bowl Free Program. Kids will receive two free games of bowling each day at select bowling alleys across the province. Some restrictions apply. Kids Bowl Free
4) Thankfully blogto.com came up with a fabulous list of all the movies in the park for the Summer 2018. There is something to be said for watching the movies under the stars and we certainly have had the weather for it lately. Here is the link to the great article by blogto.
5) Toronto is a uniquely diverse city that is definitely not lacking in it's events and festivals. Click here for a list from the City of Toronto website. There is something for everyone and almost every week and weekend of the Summer to enjoy.