DIY Stress Balls
We love any project that has an element of well being to it. This Halloween we made Anti-Stress Balls and here's how.
Balloons (Don't use water balloons)
Filling - Flour/Baking Soda, Cornstarch, Dry Rice, Small Beans, Fine Play Sand
1. Gather your materials. We have suggested a large pan as filling the balloons can prove to be tricky and a bit messy. A large pan will keep that mess somewhat contained. You will want to make sure you are not using water balloons as they are too thin and will break!
2. The filling you use will determine the firmness of your stress ball. Fillers such as flour, baking soda or cornstarch will be firmer than fillers such as dry rice, small beans or sand.
3. Insert the end of your funnel into the balloon opening. Slowly fill the balloon by pouring small amounts of your filler into the funnel and letting it fall into the balloon. You can use a pencil or spoon handle to unclog the end of the funnel if need be. Just be careful not to pierce the balloon.
4. For a typical balloon you will want to fill the balloon aproximately 3/4 full.
5. Pinch out any excess air and then tie closed.
Viola. A DIY stress ball.